IMPORTANT Information About Protecting Your Information Online
As electronic forms of banking become more prevalent, the percentage of fraudulent activities related to electronic banking also increases. Below is a listing of how the Bank works to protect your information and how you can protect your information.
The Bank mitigates risk of fraudulent activities through the use of the following:
· Allowing requests for internet banking capabilities in person only
· Secure Sign On – This includes the use of a username in conjunction with a password, Out of Band Authentication (OOBA) and Out of Wallet questions.
· Security Questions
· Required password changes at 90 day intervals
· Account lock-out after 3 incorrect attempts
· Bill-pay dollar limits
You can mitigate risk of fraudulent activities in the following ways:
· Ensuring a firewall is established for your home computer
· Ensuring that your computer has antivirus, anti-malware, anti-spyware software installed
· Ensuring that all software is kept up to date
· Do Not share your User ID or Password with anyone
· Avoid utilizing public computers to access sensitive information whenever possible
· Reviewing your statements on a regular basis and notifying the bank of any suspicious activities
· Limiting the information you share on Social Networking websites
· Use a strong password that is hard to guess, (i.e. do not use the names of family members or birthdates) - A strong password is alphanumeric, contains an uppercase and lowercase letter, and may contain a special character if the system will allow. Short phrases with numbers/special characters substituted for certain letters work great (i.e. use a “5” instead of an “s” or use “@” instead of an “a”)
· CBE Business Express customers are strongly encouraged to utilize the dual control function that the system allows for
· CBE Business Express customers are strongly encouraged to assess the risk that your company has as it relates to employee usage of online banking services and implement mitigating controls.
Additional information for ensuring that your computer and your information are secure can be found at
Community Bank of Elmhurst will never contact you on an unsolicited basis and request that you provide your online banking credentials or other confidential account information.
Should you experience an online banking security related event or notice suspicious activity on your account, you can contact us via phone, internet, or in person.
Community Bank of Elmhurst
330 West Butterfield Road
Elmhurst, Illinois 60126
630-782-1234 (for assistance after bank hours, please call 877-386-3343)
Certain online transactions such as billpay may be covered under Federal Regulation E (Electronic Funds Transfer Act). More information about how this may affect your account can be found in the Bank’s general Account Agreement and Disclosure. If you need an additional copy of this disclosure, you may contact the bank and request one.
Return to Community Bank of Elmhurst Home Page