Posted on 3/2/2020 9:05:00 AM
by Ken Bartels, Sr. Vice President
...see a leprachaun???
St. Patrick’s Day is close at hand. In fact, in Elmhurst, it’s celebrated several times! It starts with the St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Saturday, March 7 at Noon on Spring Road. It’s the 24th annual parade and it should be great again this year. Then, of course, the ‘regular’ St. Patrick’s Day will be on Tuesday, March 17. In those ten days in-between, it’s likely to be informally celebrated many, many, times.
‘Everyone’s Irish’ when it comes to St. Patrick’s Day parties and events. At the parade be sure and look for several regular favorites…
· The Mayor and City Council members, wearing green and waving to all the citizens of Elmhurst.
· The Shriners and all of their ways of transportation…motorcycles, airplanes, flying carpets, cooler cars and lots more.
· Clowns…what’s a parade without a few clowns?
· The York High School ‘Dukes’ marching band (sponsored by CBE)!
· Various ‘green’ liquids on display.
· The Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra (EAO) and ‘the world’s largest drum’.
Have fun, but be safe and responsible. If you see a leprechaun, you might be overserved.