Posted on 8/2/2019 9:45:00 AM
by Ken Bartels, Sr. Vice President
...it's the Sunday of Summer!
So when the calendar page turns to August there are several things that almost always seem to happen…
· Disbelief that summer could nearly be ‘over’.
· A promise to get to the pool multiple times in the next two weeks!
· Corn on the Cob festivals will start happening soon.
· It will still be hot for a while yet.
· Returning to school is getting close. (Did you hear that moan from students and teachers alike?)
· Many state fairs are still to come.
· Road construction will stay in high gear.
· Summer sports seasons end.
· Final vacations will get underway.
· Pre-season NFL football.
· Fantasy draft parties are planned.
· Anticipation of the fall season begins.
All these things likely will occur, but in this transition time, remember: Keep mowing that lawn…Keep eating those brats…Keep the air conditioning humming…Keep heading to the beach…Keep watching baseball…after all…
It’s ‘only’ August.