Green with Envy
Posted on 3/1/2018 6:41:00 AM
by Ken Bartels, Sr. Vice President
...and it's the place we putt!
St. Patrick’s Day is coming up quickly. In fact, in Elmhurst, we celebrate it twice (at least) both on March 10th with our wonderful St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Spring Road (Noon) and then on ‘the day’ itself, March 17th!
St. Patrick’s Day then is one reason so many people like the color green, but there are several more that I can think of…
- Green is the color of Spring and all that Spring offers us…more sunshine, warmer temperatures, Easter, growing grass, new leaves and flowers.
- Green is a calming color, a color that slows us up when we are surrounded by it.
- Green has countless shades…soon just try and count them all as you look about.
- Green is the combination of blue and yellow…the mellowness and richness associated with blue along with the excitement and energy that yellow represents.
- Green is a popular color with people following only blue as a favorite.
- Green helps us prepare for the future as it stretches out before us.
- Green and gold are the colors of some football team in Wisconsin.
- Green is the unofficial color for Elmhurst with the ‘long green line’ at York High School.
- Green has many other associations but one we at CBE especially like…
- Green is the color of money.
Can’t blame us for liking that!