Posted on 1/3/2018 9:50:00 AM
by Ken Bartels, Sr. Vice President
...it's not that cold!
The Holiday Season is officially behind us and we now face January with all its chills and challenges. Here are some things that either already are gone…or soon will be…
- All the holiday lights and the outside decorations,
- Yard trees and indoor ones,
- The downtown City Centre display and other displays around town,
- The ‘only holiday music’ radio stations,
- Hallmark holiday movies (back to the mysteries),
- Crowded shopping,
- Semi-green grass,
- Shinny shoes…now diminished by salty sidewalks,
- Light outerwear,
- Endless treats at work and at home,
- Always (nearly) cheery people,
- Naughty and Nice lists,
- Some football games (although football is eternal),
After giving up all this…we get January?
I guess we were not on the right list.
Think Spring…the Elmhurst St. Patrick’s Day Parade is just 10 weeks away!