Posted on 9/5/2017 11:35:00 AM
by Ken Bartels, Sr. Vice President
...tick tock, tick tock...
The changing of the seasons makes one more mindful of the passage of time. Time, one of our most precious gifts is both refreshing and relentless. It reminds us of all the things we ‘want’ to do AND all the things we ‘must’ do. If you have ever had to do a time study, where you note your daily activities in quarter-hour segments, supposedly to calculate your efforts and productivity, you know ‘how time flies’. Interestingly though, sometimes time seems ‘to take forever’. As Fall arrives, here are some things ‘to occupy your time’ (as if you needed any help!).
· Find time to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey in Texas and Louisiana.
· Find time to do some early holiday gift shopping (locally, of course).
· Find time to attend a high school or college athletic event.
· Anticipate the changing tree colors and find time to view them in their glory.
· Decide to find time to sealcoat your driveway.
· Read the City’s ‘Front Porch’ newsletter and find time to attend a charity event listed there.
· Find time to marvel at all the good things going on around you.
· Find time to take a walk with your whole family if possible.
· Find time to be a friend.
In doing these things, and others you will think of, I believe you will find that time slows as you near an event and speeds up once the event is at hand. That, of course, has always been the case and is ‘timeless’.